Leaves & Accommodations Team
Lowe’s Companies Inc.
Ms. Butler currently leads the Leaves & Accommodation Team at Lowe’s corporate office in Mooresville, NC with a focus on disability strategies. Prior to joining Lowe’s, Ms. Butler spent over thirteen years in the financial services industry where she worked for Wells Fargo, Wachovia and SouthTrust Bank and held positions that included, Vice President, Accommodations Management Consultant and Senior Litigation Specialist where she managed charges of employment discrimination for all lines of business with a focus on ADA claims. In July 2007, Ms. Butler received an invitation to testify before Congress, where she shared the impact that Vocational Rehabilitation Services has had on her life, both personally and professionally.
Ms. Butler continues to serve on the Board of Directors for the U.S. Business Leadership Network (USBLN), first joining in 2004, Ms. Butler recently completed her 2 year term as Board Chair. Ms. Butler recently completed a four year term as Chair of the State Rehabilitation Council for the NC Division of Blind Services. She has presented before numerous audiences at conferences across the United States and has been featured in magazines such as DiversityInc, HR Executive Magazine and PINK Magazine. Ms. Butler received her BA degree from West Virginia University in Morgantown, West Virginia and her JD from Cumberland School of Law in Birmingham, Alabama.
As a mother and an attorney who happens to have a disability, Ms. Butler brings a unique perspective to the dialog on employment of people with disabilities. Legally blind since birth – Ms. Butler appreciates the unique challenges of living with a hidden disability and uses ZoomText magnification software and other low vision devices to achieve her personal and professional success.
- Guest: Corporate and Organizational Strategy: Utilizing National Resources to Attract and Retain Employees with Disabilities
- Guest: Corporate Infrastructure: Centralizing the Reasonable Accommodation Process
- Guest: Corporate Infrastructure: Diversity Initiatives that Promote the Inclusion of Individuals with Disabilities
- Guest: Corporate Infrastructure: Understanding ADA and Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act of 2008
- Guest: Establishing Linkages to Promote the Recruitment and Hiring of Candidates with Disabilities